Do you want to know how to make money from Spotify playlists? Yes? You’re at the right place. Here are some legit ways to make money using Spotify playlists.
If you’re a music lover, you might have heard about Spotify. It’s non-free Swedish audio streaming and media services provider. It’s one of the world’s largest streaming service providers, with over 406 million monthly active users. It was founded by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon back in 2006.
Nowadays, you can use any streaming service to make money online. You can use Spotify to make money as well. However, you’ll need to know how to do that. For that reason, I’m here to explain everything about making money from Spotify playlists.
So, let’s see which are legit ways to make money from Spotify playlists.
How To Make Money From Spotify Playlists
There could be many ways to monetize your Spotify playlists. While researching this keyword, I’ve found three main ways to make money from Spotify playlists.
You can choose any of these ways to monetize your Spotify playlists. However, I won’t recommend using multiple ways simultaneously.
So, let’s see which are the best ways to make money from Spotify playlists.
1. Song Placements in Your Playlists
If your Spotify playlist has tons of followers, you can sell song placements to artists and labels. It’s one of the best ways to make money from Spotify playlists. A lot of people use this method to make money from Spotify playlists.
However, I wouldn’t recommend this method. As per Spotify’s policies, it’s unethical. For that reason, you shouldn’t try this method.
Moreover, if you fill your Spotify playlist with paid songs, it may harm your playlist reputation. You need to keep in mind that people follow your playlist because you add good songs. If you start to fill it with bad songs, listeners will ditch your Spotify playlist. If you don’t have any listeners on your playlist, artists won’t pay you any longer.
Still, if you want to choose this method, simply leave your email in the playlist description so that artists can contact you. After that, negotiate a deal with the artists.
2. Become a Playlist Curator
It is a legit way to make money from Spotify playlists. You can become a Spotify playlist curator to get paid.
Who is a playlist curator? A playlist curator is a person who listens to music and gets paid for it.
What does a playlist curator do? A playlist curator listens to hundreds or thousands of music and categorizes them by genre, instrumentation, feel, male/female voices, etc.
How to become a playlist curator? You’ll need to have three basic things to become a playlist curator, such as:
- Passion for music: As a playlist curator, you’ll have to listen to music for the whole day. For that reason, you need to have a passion for music so you don’t get bored.
- Ability to listen to all genres of music: The companies will give you hundreds or thousands of music to listen to. You can’t choose your favorite genre of music to review. For that treason, you’ll need to have the ability to listen to all genres of music.
- Organized Music Library: You’ll need to have an organized music library where you’ll have all types of music. When a client approaches you for specific genre songs, you’ll be able to deliver instantly.
There are two main companies available to work as playlist curators. However, every company has basic requirements. You’ll need to meet the company’s basic requirements to work as a playlist curator.
To maximize your earnings, register for all the companies. The more song you review, the more money you’ll earn. Most importantly, this method doesn’t go against Spotify’s policies.
When it comes to getting paid for work as a playlist curator, PlaylistPush is one of the best platforms. Its mission is to connect artists to playlists curators.
As a playlist curator, you’ll get to discover new music for your playlists. They pay you to listen to and review songs. If you like any song, you can add it to one of your playlists. To work here as a playlist curator, you’ll need to own a playlist with real followers on either Spotify, Youtube Music, or Apple Music.
You can apply to become a playlist curator once you have 1,000 real followers. Also, you’ll need to have at least 1% of those followers still listening to your playlist.
According to PlaylistPush, a qualified playlist curator can earn up to $12 per song review. However, you can expect to earn $1.25 per song review. You can request a payout at any time. They’ll pay directly to your bank account.
Submithub is another platform that works similarly to PlaylistPush. You’ll need to get 1,000 real followers on your playlist. Once you achieve this milestone, you can apply to become a playlist curator.
Although it works similarly to PlaylistPush, there is a difference. As a playlist curator, you’ll be able to collaborate with artists. Also, artists can advertise your playlist on their social media if you add their songs to your playlist and write a review.
You’ll earn money only if artists send you premium submissions to get your feedback. You’ll need to listen to 20 seconds of the song. If you don’t like it, you have to explain it in a few words. If you respond in time, you’ll earn $0.50. The payments are made via PayPal or directly to your bank account.
You can earn up to $50 for referring your friends to SubmitHub.
3. Sell Your Spotify Playlists
It is the last method that you can use to make money from Spotify playlists. However, you can’t earn recurring revenue every month. If you want to earn a big amount at once, you can use this method.
First of all, you have to build up a Spotify playlist. After that, work on gaining followers to your playlist. Once your Spotify playlist gains a massive amount of followers, you can sell it to someone else.
Where to sell your Spotify playlist? You can advertise on your social media platform or leave your email in the playlist description to contact buyers. Most likely, your followers would love to purchase your Spotify playlist.
How To Grow Spotify Playlist Followers
If you want to make money from Spotify playlists, you’ll need to have real followers. If you don’t have followers on your Spotify playlist, artists won’t invest money. For that reason, you need to know how to grow Spotify playlist followers.
Here are a few ways to grow Spotify playlist followers:
- Facebook & Instagram Ads: You can run Facebook and Instagram ads to gain followers. You have to target listeners who’ll like to listen to your playlist.
- Promote Your Playlist on Social Media: You can promote your Spotify playlists on your social media to gain followers. You can use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube to promote your Spotify playlists.
- Promote Your Playlist on Reddit: You can promote your Spotify playlists on SubReddits. However, subreddits have their rules and regulations. You’ll need to abide by the subreddit’s rules and regulations. Otherwise, you’ll get kicked out by the admins.
- Promote Playlist on Your Blog or Website: If you have a blog or website, you can promote your Spotify playlist there.
Most importantly, you’ll have to focus on gaining real followers who’ll actively listen and engage with your playlists. If Spotify found something suspicious, they will remove your playlist. Moreover, artists will only invest money if you have real listeners to your playlists.
As you can see, Spotify is not only for listening to your favorite songs. You can use it to make money from Spotify playlists.
You can choose any of these ways to make money from Spotify playlists. However, I’ll recommend only the second method. It’s the best way to make money from Spotify playlists.
- 10 Best Places To Sell Music Online (100% Royalties)
- 9 Best Websites To Get Paid To Listen To Music
- 20 Best Voice Over Jobs For Beginners From Home (Over $45k/y)