Pinterest is one of the best social media platforms that is mostly used for sharing photos. Rather than using this platform as a photo-sharing network, you can use the platform to make some money.
However, you can’t implement every money-making strategy to make money on Pinterest. There are a few legitimate ways available that will allow you to make money without doing something fishy.
As Pinterest grows year by year, there are lots of ways popping up to make money. All you need to do is choose the best ways to make money using Pinterest.
Here we are going to discuss everything that you need to know to make money on Pinterest. Therefore, stick with this article till the end.
How To Make Money On Pinterest?
Here we are going to discuss the best ways to make money on Pinterest. All you need to do is choose the best ways among these effective ways to make money on Pinterest.
So, let’s see which are the best ways to make money on Pinterest.
1. Make Money On Pinterest as a Blogger
There are numerous bloggers available like me (I am on Pinterest) that are using Pinterest to drive traffic to their blogs. Like that, you can do the same thing.
If you don’t know anything about Pinterest and how it works, then here are a few steps you need to follow:
- Create a Pinterest business account.
- Create your profile by adding a description, logo, etc. Don’t forget to claim your website or blog.
- Create different boards related to your blog topic.
- Create beautiful-looking pins (Use Canva).
- While pinning on Pinterest add a description with keywords and hashtags.
- Pin other pins to your boards (That need to be related to your boards).
However, by pinning on Pinterest you’re not going to earn money. It is one of the ways to bring traffic to your blog so that you can earn more money by showing ads on your blog. The more visitor you get, the more money you’ll earn by showing ads.
You can use Google AdSense to show ads on your blog. However, you can use Mediavine to increase your earnings by showing ads on your blog. For that, you need to fulfill some requirements of Mediavine such as:
- You need to have at least 50,000 sessions in the previous 30 days (per Google Analytics).
- Good standing with Google AdSense.
- Your content needs to be original in any niche.
- Long-form and engaging content.
Whenever bloggers hit these requirements, they switched to Mediavine to increase their earnings by showing ads. You can do that as well. Therefore, use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog and switched to Mediavine as soon as possible.
Related Article: How To Start A Blog: 6 Easy Steps To Start Blogging
2. Make Money On Pinterest as an Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing is another best way to make passive income. Almost every blogger uses this way to make more money than by showing ads on their blogs. Even successful bloggers use affiliate marketing to earn money from their blogs instead of showing ads.
What is called affiliate marketing? When you partnered with a company to promote their products or services, they provide you with affiliate links to promote their products or services. When anyone purchases a product or service using your special affiliate link, you’ll earn a little amount of commission which is called affiliate marketing.
You can use your blog or website and social media platforms to promote affiliate products. Even you can use Pinterest to promote affiliate products.
However, there are a few things that you need to know before doing affiliate marketing on Pinterest such as:
- There are lots of affiliate companies available that will not allow you to promote their products or services on Pinterest. So, read their affiliate terms and conditions before promoting on Pinterest.
- There are a few affiliate companies available that will not allow you to use their images to pin on Pinterest. For example, Amazon.
- Pinterest doesn’t allow short links so you can’t shorten your affiliate links.
- Lastly, you need to disclose your affiliate relationship with the company while creating pins. You can disclose that in the description area or simply use hashtags like #affiliate or #affiliateproduct.
One of the things that need to be clear is Pinterest allowed Pinners to promote affiliate products at the beginning of their arrival. In 2015, they have banned affiliate marketing on their platform. Now, they’re allowing pinners to promote affiliate products.
For that reason, they may close it again in the future. So, you need to be careful as an affiliate marketer while using Pinterest to promote affiliate products and services.
That is why the best way to do affiliate marketing is blogging. You can use Pinterest to drive traffic to your affiliate containing posts to make money as an affiliate marketer.
3. Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant (VA)
Nowadays, small business owners, bloggers, and entrepreneurs want to build their brands on social media platforms like Pinterest. However, most of them can’t invest their time to build their brands on Pinterest. For that reason, they hire a Pinterest virtual assistant to do that for them.
As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you need to perform the following tasks:
- Creating pins (Obviously)
- Scheduling pins using Tailwind
- Keyword research for Pinterest
- You have to work with Pinterest Ads Manager to run promoted pins
- Finding ways to grow followers
The best thing about this job is you can do this anywhere and anytime. Most importantly, what types of work you need to do as a virtual assistant depends on your clients.
Now, the biggest question that arises is how much you’re going to earn as a Pinterest virtual assistant. To be honest, you can expect to earn up to $500 per month as a Pinterest virtual assistant. However, it totally depends on the clients that you’re working for.
If you are thinking about where to find a virtual assistant job, then you can try Fiverr to offer your service or Upwork to find virtual assistant jobs.
To understand the virtual assistant job and how to do this, you need to take an online course that will teach you how it works and how to build your career as a virtual assistant.
Here is the best virtual assistant online course that you can try:
Disclosure: If you buy this online course using my affiliate link, I will earn a little commission at no additional cost to you.
4. Make Money On Pinterest by Selling Your Own Products
Do you want to sell your own products using Pinterest? If the answer is yes, then you can use this way to make money on Pinterest by selling your own products.
As you know, Pinterest is growing year by year. Here are a few statistics from Pinterest that will raise your eyebrows:
- 89% of US pinners use this platform to plan out purchases and research products.
- Pinterest has got more than 416 monthly active users (as of now).
- 71% of Pinterest users are female.
- 90% of weekly pinners make purchase decisions on Pinterest.
- 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest.
- Two-thirds of pins represent brands and products.
- 50% Have Made a Purchase After Seeing a Promoted Pin.
These statistics indicate how useful Pinterest is for your business.
How to sell on Pinterest? If I tell you everything about how you should start and sell your products on Pinterest, then it will be a huge article. For that reason, I am telling you some important things regarding selling on Pinterest.
First of all, you need to get your brand ready to sell on Pinterest by determining your target audience, setting up a business account, branding your account, and linking & verify your website.
Now, it’s time to sell on Pinterest. Here are a few steps to sell on Pinterest:
Step-1: Create High-Quality Visuals
As you know, Pinterest is a visual platform. For that reason, you need to create visually appealing pins.
Here are a few things that you need to create visually appealing pins:
- High-quality photography
- Beautifully designed graphics
- Bold colors and fonts
- Graphics that match your branding
Step-2: Focus On Pinterest SEO
Pinterest is one type of search engine which has its own search engine optimization rules and algorithms.
That is why before pinning your posts on Pinterest, you need to do keyword research and add your keywords to your pin titles and descriptions. It will help your pins to rank higher on the Pinterest search engine.
Step-3: Use Rich Pins
Rich Pins will help your audience to see extra data and information from your website alongside the normal pin information.
By using this pin, your audience will be able to view price and product descriptions within Pinterest itself. Moreover, mobile users will be able to click a blue shop button to head over to your product and purchase it.
Step-4: Use Promoted Pins
If you don’t want to rely on Pinterest SEO to get your pins to the top, then you can promote your pins to jump to the top position. However, you need to invest your money to do that.
There are a few benefits of promoting your pins such as:
- You’ll be able to target by interest, age, and gender.
- Generate more sales.
Step-5: Organize pins into catalogs
If you are a brand or business, then you can use the Pinterest business account feature to organize pins into catalogs.
To do that, you need to have a data source of all your products and their attributes to upload the file to Pinterest. When the data source is approved, whenever you add any product to your website will automatically create product pins that you can use to create shopping ads.
Step-6: Shop The Look Pins
Shop the look pins will allow you to link to several products at once in a single pin. Whatever is available for purchase in the photo is shown via a white dot where users can click to see more.
You can share photos of your models wearing an outfit of your latest collection or a room that is filled with furniture to promote more products on the platform.
Related Article: How to sell on Pinterest: A step-by-step guide for brands
5. Sponsorship With Brands
If you have a large number of followers on Pinterest, then you can implement this way to make money with brands.
For example, if you’ve followers that are interested in fitness, then you can easily connect with fitness-related brands and promote their products to your audience.
To get sponsorship, you need to share your Pinterest statistics with companies so that they can be interested to use your account to promote their products.
It may not be an effective way for beginners as you need a large number of followers to get sponsorship. When you hit a large number of followers on Pinterest, approach the companies that are related to your niche.
6. Learn Skills From Pinterest and Implement
As we discussed earlier, Pinterest is the best platform to learn various skills. There are lots of pins available that will help you to find such skills that you can gain and implement to make money.
There are lots of things that you can learn from Pinterest such as:
- How to decorate houses
- How to cook
- Build furniture and so on
Rather than using Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog, you can use this platform to learn a new skill that you can implement in your life and make money.
7. Teach Pinterest SEO Strategies To Others
Are you a Pinterest SEO specialist? If the answer is yes, then you can teach Pinterest SEO strategies to others to make money.
As Pinterest grows year by year, there are numerous newbies available that want to learn how Pinterest works and how to gain followers on Pinterest. When you use Pinterest for a while and get numerous followers, you can easily teach people Pinterest SEO strategies to make money.
To teach Pinterest SEO strategies to others, you can create eBooks and online courses. Also, you can use Udemy to sell your online courses and use Amazon kindle to sell your eBooks.
Tips To Grow Pinterest Followers & Make Money On Pinterest
Now, you know which are the best ways to make money on Pinterest. It’s time to know how to grow Pinterest followers.
Here are a few tips to grow Pinterest followers:
- Create a Business Account: To make money on Pinterest, you need to have a Pinterest business account. Otherwise, you won’t be able to make money using Pinterest.
- Create Beautiful Pins: As Pinterest is a visual tool, you need to create beautiful-looking pins that can attract people. To create visually appealing pins, you need to use Canva which is a free tool to create Pinterest pins. There you will find lots of free templates that can be editable.
- Describe Your Pins: Pinterest is one type of search engine like Google. For that reason, you need to describe your pins with keywords so that your pins can be found on Pinterest. You can use hashtags as well.
- Pin Other’s Pins: Pinterest is one type of social media platform so you should pin other’s pins to interact with them. By doing this, you’ll be able to gain more followers. However, you need to pin other’s pins related to your boards.
- Use Tailwind If you can: Tailwind is a marketing tool that is firmly created for Pinterest and Instagram. It will help you to schedule your pins. It will cost you $9.99 a month.
- Follow Pinterest Guidelines: To make money on Pinterest, you need to follow their guidelines. Otherwise, you may put your account at risk. So, be sure to read their guidelines before implementing any ways to make money on Pinterest.
Can you make money using Pinterest?
There are numerous options available to make money using Pinterest. All you need to do is choose the best ways that suit your skill. You can use your Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog and maximize your earnings by showing ads.
Can you make money on Pinterest without a blog or website?
You can make money on Pinterest without a blog or website. There are a few ways available that will allow you to make money without a blog such as an affiliate marketer, Pinterest virtual assistant, sponsorship with brands, and selling your own products.
Pinterest is one of the best social media platforms that you can use to make money online. However, you shouldn’t consider this platform only to make money. Rather than that, you can use this platform to do a lot more things that will help you to learn different skills that you can implement in your life.
When you use Pinterest to make money, you should be up to date with its guidelines and changes. It will help you to grow your business on Pinterest.
Hopefully, this article helped you to know how to make money on Pinterest. If you found it helpful, then share it with your friends.