SproutGigs was formerly known as Picoworkers. Even though they have changed the name, nothing else has changed. It works the same way as before.
You might be contemplating signing up for SproutGigs as a freelance worker. The problem is you don’t know anything about it. This SproutGigs review will help you understand what is it, how it works, the good and bad aspects, and whether it is legit. You can make a wise decision about whether it’s worth joining or not.
What is SproutGigs?
SproutGigs is an online marketplace that connects freelancers and business owners from all around the world. You can consider it as an alternative to Fiverr. However, it pays freelancers to perform small tasks.
SproutGigs hires freelance workers from all over the world. Currently, it has millions of freelancers who are working with thousands of employers.
As a freelance worker, you’ll complete small tasks or post gigs of your expertise. Most SproutGigs freelancers perform small tasks because they’re easy to do and require a little bit of effort. On the other hand, gigs require certain skills. I’ll talk about it in a bit.
Is SproutGigs Legit?
Micro-tasking sites can help you to make extra money. However, not all of them are legit. What about SproutGigs?
SproutGigs is a legit micro-tasking site that pays its workers. Moreover, it protects against scammers using its escrow feature.
You might have come across negative reviews about SproutGigs on the internet. Now, you’re in a dilemma about whether it’s worth joining. You can’t expect to make thousands of dollars completing tasks on SproutGigs. It’s a micro-tasking site that’ll help you to make extra money performing small tasks. Don’t expect anything beyond it.
Currently, SproutGigs has 3.2 ratings on the Trustpilot out of 5. You can read many positive reviews about SproutGigs from existing workers.
How to Join SproutGigs?
SproutGigs hires freelancers from all over the world. However, you must be 18 years or older. It’s pretty easy to join SproutGigs.
You’ll have to fill out an online form where you’ll have to provide information like:
- Real Name
- Select your country
- Select your profile type (You can change it anytime)
After filling out the form, click the “SIGN UP” button.
SproutGigs will send an activation link to your email. All you have to do is click the link to activate your account. Now, you’ve become a member of the SproutGigs community.
Note: If you were a member of Picoworkers, you can use the same login on SproutGigs.
What Does SproutGigs Offer?
SproutGigs offers many micro-tasking jobs. There are three ways to make money on SproutGigs. You can start making money when you become a worker at SproutGigs.
1. Micro Jobs
Once you join SproutGigs as a worker, you’ll see a button called “FIND JOBS.” Click the button to see available micro-jobs.
Micro jobs include:
- Subscribing to a Youtube channel
- Downloading E-book PDF
- Reddit Upvote
- Sign up and complete the survey
- And more
These micro-jobs require a few minutes to complete. You can earn anywhere between $0.020 to $2 per task. Also, you can use different filters to narrow down the micro job results.
SproutGigs recommend its workers only accept jobs they’re capable of finishing. Accepting a job and submitting false or incomplete proof will raise a red flag. Three red flags will terminate your account.
Whenever you complete a micro job, you have to submit proper proof. You’ll get all the instructions in the job description. The employer will tell you what types of proof you need to provide. In most cases, employers require you to submit screenshots.
SproutGigs recommend not submitting incomplete proof if you do not understand a task, can’t complete a task, or encounter an error.
To get paid for micro jobs, employers must approve your proof. Otherwise, you won’t get paid. Therefore, always read the job description carefully so you can submit the exact proof they require.
2. Post Gigs
Have you ever created gigs on Fiverr? You can create a gig to offer a service to employers. As you can see in the image above, these workers are offering different services by creating a gig.
You can create as many gigs as you want. However, you’ll have to be an expert in the service you’re offering. Here are a few examples of gigs:
- I’ll create Youtube thumbnails.
- I’ll write SEO-optimized articles.
- I’ll edit your videos.
- I’ll design logos as per requirements.
- I’ll make a website from scratch.
How do you create a gig? It’s pretty simple. You’ll see a button called “POST GIG.” Click the button, and you’ll be prompted to a page where you can create a gig. However, you can publish a gig once you become an advanced user.
What’s the best way to create a gig at SproutGigs? Your gig title should be short and explain in a few words what it’s all about. It must include the phrase “I will” in the beginning. The description should be descriptive and clear with a fixed price.
Here are a few rules to follow:
- You can only post Gigs in English.
- Do not create a Gig offering many services at the same time.
- It is not allowed to share links to other Freelancing profiles like Fiverr, Upwork, etc.
- Gigs must not be posted with personal contact details like emails, Telegram, phone numbers, WhatsApp, WeChat, etc.
- You can post up to 2 Gigs at the same time for now.
You can create as many gigs as you want. Moreover, there is no limitation on your pricing. However, SproutGigs recommend submitting competitive prices.
3. Referral Program
The referral program is one of the best ways to maximize your earnings at SproutGigs. I hope you’re aware of how referral programs work.
Being a SproutGigs member, you’ll get a referral link to invite people to either join as an employer or worker. You can post your referral link on blogs, websites, forums, and social media, write a review, or create a promotional video. Your goal is to invite people to SproutGigs using your referral link. It doesn’t matter how you do it.
Follow the below steps to get your referral link:
- Log in to your account.
- Click the profile and select “Account Settings.”
- Next, select “Programs & Offers” to find your referral link.
You’ll earn a 5% commission when your referrals purchase and complete jobs. The referral commission will be added to your account balance within 60 days after the purchase has cleared or after a member’s work has been rated as Satisfied.
How to Withdraw Your Earnings From SproutGigs?
It’s time to get paid from SproutGigs. There are a few things to achieve before you can withdraw your earnings from SproutGigs, such as:
- As a new worker, you must complete a minimum amount of tasks to achieve a zero task interval. New workers start with 180 seconds. You’ll have to run it down to zero by completing 20 tasks successfully.
- You have to earn $5 to request a payout.
- New users must wait seven days to request the first withdrawal.
SproutGigs offers many payment methods, such as PayPal, Cryptocurrency, AirTM, Uphold, and Skrill. The withdrawals are processed a few times a week. It’ll take ten business days to process the payment.
SproutGigs charge a small fee to process withdrawals. The processing fee varies by payment method. However, it’s not mentioned how much they’re charging. A reliable source is saying that they charge an 18% processing fee.
In my opinion, they’re charging high fees. It’s not a good hint for workers. Micro-taskers on this platform don’t get paid much. Therefore, it’s something to consider before working for SproutGigs.
How Much Can You Make on SproutGigs?
I think this is the most important part of SproutGigs’ review. To determine whether SproutGigs is worth joining, we’ve to take a look at its earning potential.
SproutGigs earning potential depends on three things, such as:
- Availability of Jobs: SproutGigs offer many micro jobs in its inventory. Micro workers will never run out of jobs.
- Pay Per Job: SproutGigs is not a high-paying platform. You can earn anywhere between $0.020 and $2 per task. This is where SproutGigs falls short. You can’t earn much, as their tasks don’t pay well. It’s because the jobs available on the site are not from companies or businesses but from other members.
- Fees: As I mentioned earlier, SproutGigs charge a high fee. It’s a big drawback for micro workers.
In my opinion, you shouldn’t expect to make thousands of dollars doing micro tasks at SproutGigs. If you choose jobs that pay well, you can make a decent amount of money. However, there are better options available than SproutGigs.
Does SproutGigs Have a Mobile App?
Unfortunately, SproutGigs doesn’t have a mobile app yet. It’s another drawback of this site. A mobile app makes it easier to complete tasks anywhere and anytime. However, you can use SproutGigs on a mobile device using a web browser.
Although SproutGigs doesn’t have a mobile app, you can complete tasks on your mobile device efficiently.
Can You Get Support at SproutGigs?
SproutGigs does have an extensive FAQ page where they’ve answered common questions about SproutGigs. If you have any questions, you can check out its FAQ page.
If you’re unable to find the answers you’re looking for, you can contact the SproutGigs support team using its support page.
To access their support page, log in to your account and click the Support tab. You’ll find it in the upper right corner. When you reach the support page, click the “CREATE NEW TICKET” button to send your message.
Here are a few ticket restrictions:
- Up to 3 tickets can be open per hour.
- Up to 2 consecutive messages can be sent in a ticket. After that, no more messages can be sent until the admins reply.
- Once the ticket is closed, it cannot be reopened. A new one must be created.
It’s important to be aware of SproutGigs’ rules. If you violate any of their rules, your account will be terminated and you’ll lose all the earnings.
Here are a few rules to follow for workers:
- Don’t use VPN/PROXY or other types of masking IP address software.
- Don’t open or operate multiple accounts.
- Don’t use the same computer/phone as other
- Don’t use the same IP address used with other accounts
to do tasks.
- Don’t work on country jobs that are not from your own country.
- Don’t attempt to sell or transfer control of your account.
- Don’t purposefully submit fake or incomplete proofs.
- Workers must maintain a success rate of above 75% at all times. If the success rate drops below 75%, a worker can’t perform jobs for the next 30 days.
SproutGigs recommend its workers consider the first 25 tasks like a job interview. Your first goal is to achieve a 100% satisfied rating.
SproutGigs Pros and Cons
It’s important to learn about SproutGigs’ pros and cons. This will help you to determine whether SproutGigs is worth joining.
- It does pay its workers.
- It hires freelancers from all over the world.
- It offers many micro jobs on its inventory.
- It allows freelancers to post gigs like Fiverr.
- Low payout threshold ($5).
- Plenty of payment methods.
- It’s fully accessible on mobile devices.
- The pay rate is low compared to other microtask sites.
- You have to become an advanced user to post gigs.
- They charge high fees.
- Have to maintain a success rate of above 75% at all times.
- No mobile app.
- Plenty of strict rules.
SproutGigs is a legit micro-task site that does pay its workers for doing micro-jobs. However, it’s not a platform that’ll replace your day job. If you want to make some extra money, you can consider joining this platform. Otherwise, leave it!
If there were a better option than SproutGigs for micro workers, I would definitely recommend that. Not many micro-task sites are legit and pay their workers. Luckily, SproutGigs is one of the micro tasks sites that does pay its workers. Although SproutGigs does have some drawbacks still it’s worth joining.
My recommendation is until you find anything better than SproutGigs, use it to make extra money.
- SigTrack Review: Data Entry Jobs At Home (Up To $15/hr)
- Marco Learning Review: Work as a Grader (Up To $14/hr)
- User Interviews Review: Paid Research Studies (Up To $100/hr)
- MindSumo Review: Get Paid To Solve Challenges
- DiagnosUs: Free Medical Game App (Up To $50/d)
- JustAnswer: Get Paid To Answer Questions Online (Up To $7k/mo)